joshd is offline Released

Default Ochocinco to the Lions?

How would you feel about getting Ochocinco and not drafting a reciever this year? I know it's not likely just because Stafford and Calvin practiced with him the other day, although it certainly didn't hurt (LINK - Chad Ochocinco Down With Detroit? | *********.net )

I wouldn't mind getting him on a 1 year deal for a reasonable vet price, and waiting to draft a receiver until next year as the Lions need to focus on LB and DB in the next two rounds today!

John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

God please no

Porcelain God is offline MotownSports Fan

Too many distractions with that guy.

Cecil is offline Released

What is so bad about Johnson? The guy has never been in trouble off the field. He's still a good receiver. He's just a showman. I'd gladly take him.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    What is so bad about Johnson? The guy has never been in trouble off the field. He's still a good receiver. He's just a showman. I'd gladly take him.
    I agree with Cecil. Johnson really hasnt had any real on or off the field issues. His teammates generally like him and he seems like a team player, only with flair. He would look great opposite CJ, and would really open things up for Burleson.

Blog Entries

Did you guys think this through at all?

Johnson was a number 1 receiver his whole career. We have a 1, we have a 2 he would someohow become a slot receiver? He is not a slot receiver, not built like one and doesnt have the attitude to BE one.

For one we do not need to bring in a project at that position. We need some cheap, quick dude who can fill that spot in. We have needs elsewhere. He can be a great team mate all he wants. I would prefer to use that spot/money for something else.

Blog Entries

Did you watch the Bengals last year? Johnson molded himself into a 1B/#2 receiver behind Owens. T.O. was their go to guy, which is why he got 9 TDS. And Johnson never complained once. He would be a perfect fit, allowing Nate to play the slot, we would be stacked. He probably wont be that expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post

Johnson was a number 1 receiver his whole career. We have a 1, we have a 2 he would someohow become a slot receiver? He is not a slot receiver, not built like one and doesnt have the attitude to BE one.

For one we do not need to bring in a project at that position. We need some cheap, quick dude who can fill that spot in. We have needs elsewhere. He can be a great team mate all he wants. I would prefer to use that spot/money for something else.
    Except Johnson is better than our number 2. How is Johnson a project? He's a proven accomplished receiver.

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

Nate is perfect for the slot, he would be the one sliding over.

I don't think Chad would be that big of a distraction, I think he'd help quite a bit. No more Bryant Johnson, and I think Nate would thrive in the slot with those two at WR. I think the Lions would look pretty good depending on the rest of the draft.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

I think Johnson's antics would go over well. He would immediately be a fan favorite. I think Johnson is misunderstood. When the Bengals were having the issues with players getting in trouble off the field, Johnson wasn't one of them. Johnson doesn't take off plays and pout like Randy Moss. Johnson isn't a general douchebag like Owens. Johnson is outspoken and flamboyant.

RedRamage is offline MotownSports Fan

Yeah, I'm not really opposed to it. I mean the price would have to be right. I'd prefer to not have the distraction... but as far as distractions go, 85 is pretty minor in that regard. Lot's to smack talk, but very little in terms of real off the field problems.

davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan

Walt is offline MotownSports Fan

joshd finally got banned.
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

sagnam is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    joshd finally got banned.
    8 posts out of 10 creating new threads, all of which reference his blog. That'll happen.
    AAL: Ndamukong Suh | AAW: Nicklas Lidström | AAT: Anthony Castro

Biff Mayhem is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by sagnam View Post
    8 posts out of 10 creating new threads, all of which reference his blog. That'll happen.

In 9 of his posts he links his blog and then doesn't reply at all.
    VT Twitter 2014 AAT: Shannon Hogan

Give me a dollar or give me 50 cents. Let me take it back if that ain't what I meant.

Walt is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Mayhem View Post
    In 9 of his posts he links his blog and then doesn't reply at all.
    I know, I am surprised it took so long.
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Did you watch the Bengals last year? Johnson molded himself into a 1B/#2 receiver behind Owens. T.O. was their go to guy, which is why he got 9 TDS. And Johnson never complained once. He would be a perfect fit, allowing Nate to play the slot, we would be stacked. He probably wont be that expensive either.
    I would rather have Nate at the 2 then Johnson.

I am not a fan of Johnson and he is old. He is not the Johnson from 6 years ago. We need to get younger not older.

Just my opinion.

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Am I missing something, they just mentioned in passing on NFLN that Green may be #1 in Cincy with TO and CJ possibly moving on, are the Bengals going to cut him?
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    Am I missing something, they just mentioned in passing on NFLN that Green may be #1 in Cincy with TO and CJ possibly moving on, are the Bengals going to cut him?
    Chad and their coach basically laid it out in the media that they can't co-exist, and the Bengals brought the coach back. So it is pretty much assumed Chad is moving on.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Blog Entries

I would rather have Nate at the 2 then Johnson.

I am not a fan of Johnson and he is old. He is not the Johnson from 6 years ago. We need to get younger not older.

Just my opinion.
    He is still putting up good numbers, and he is just so much better than Burleson. Nate would be best served as a slot receiver, having Johnson at #2 lets us do that.

It would be a perfect fit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    Chad and their coach basically laid it out in the media that they can't co-exist, and the Bengals brought the coach back. So it is pretty much assumed Chad is moving on.
    This is what I assumed as well. Something has to give, Lewis is back which means CJ is gone.

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

I wouldnt trade anything for Chad, but if he got cut, Id add him, let Burleson play slot with the Johnsons on the outside
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

Big Frame is offline MotownSports Fan

Would he be able to wear 85?

cruzer1 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

No thank you. They need a young gun with some wheels.
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

Blog Entries

Except Johnson is better than our number 2. How is Johnson a project? He's a proven accomplished receiver.
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Nate is 29
    Chad is 33

Age in Football is HUGE IMO. I prefer Nate all day. Just for the record I think I may have missed watching 5 Lions football games in the last 20 years. Just so you dont think I dont watch or really pay attention.

And he would be a project because he would have to learn a new system and switch spots. Different routes, different reads etc etc.

Blog Entries

I think Johnson's antics would go over well. He would immediately be a fan favorite. I think Johnson is misunderstood. When the Bengals were having the issues with players getting in trouble off the field, Johnson wasn't one of them. Johnson doesn't take off plays and pout like Randy Moss. Johnson isn't a general douchebag like Owens. Johnson is outspoken and flamboyant.
    Just for the record:

I personally never brought up his personality. I could not care less about how flamboyant he is. I LOVED it when Roy would do the whole first down thing. Even when we were down 20 points.....I mean what the hell else was there to get excited about?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    He is still putting up good numbers, and he is just so much better than Burleson. Nate would be best served as a slot receiver, having Johnson at #2 lets us do that.

It would be a perfect fit.
    I dont see where you think Chad is 'so much better' than Nate. I think Nate is a stud and could very well be a number 1 somewhere else, but again just my opinion on it.

Nate is a nice receiver, but I don't think he's a number one (and he hasn't been his entire career). I think his skill set is perfect for the slot, so moving him there isn't a slight on him not even being a number two or whatever. I think the passing game would thrive with him in the slot and another person on the outside as the WR2.
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog