Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    joshd is offline Released
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10

    Default Ochocinco to the Lions?




    How would you feel about getting Ochocinco and not drafting a reciever this year? I know it's not likely just because Stafford and Calvin practiced with him the other day, although it certainly didn't hurt (LINK - Chad Ochocinco Down With Detroit? | *********.net )

    I wouldn't mind getting him on a 1 year deal for a reasonable vet price, and waiting to draft a receiver until next year as the Lions need to focus on LB and DB in the next two rounds today!

  2. #2
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    14,597
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    God please no

  3. #3
    Porcelain God's Avatar
    Porcelain God is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Harbor Springs
    Posts
    3,639

    Default

    Too many distractions with that guy.

  4. #4
    Cecil is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Huntington Woods, MI
    Posts
    9,819

    Default

    What is so bad about Johnson? The guy has never been in trouble off the field. He's still a good receiver. He's just a showman. I'd gladly take him.

  5. #5
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    21,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    What is so bad about Johnson? The guy has never been in trouble off the field. He's still a good receiver. He's just a showman. I'd gladly take him.
    I agree with Cecil. Johnson really hasnt had any real on or off the field issues. His teammates generally like him and he seems like a team player, only with flair. He would look great opposite CJ, and would really open things up for Burleson.

  6. #6
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    14,597
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Did you guys think this through at all?

    Johnson was a number 1 receiver his whole career. We have a 1, we have a 2 he would someohow become a slot receiver? He is not a slot receiver, not built like one and doesnt have the attitude to BE one.

    For one we do not need to bring in a project at that position. We need some cheap, quick dude who can fill that spot in. We have needs elsewhere. He can be a great team mate all he wants. I would prefer to use that spot/money for something else.

  7. #7
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    21,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Did you watch the Bengals last year? Johnson molded himself into a 1B/#2 receiver behind Owens. T.O. was their go to guy, which is why he got 9 TDS. And Johnson never complained once. He would be a perfect fit, allowing Nate to play the slot, we would be stacked. He probably wont be that expensive either.

  8. #8
    Cecil is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Huntington Woods, MI
    Posts
    9,819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    Did you guys think this through at all?

    Johnson was a number 1 receiver his whole career. We have a 1, we have a 2 he would someohow become a slot receiver? He is not a slot receiver, not built like one and doesnt have the attitude to BE one.

    For one we do not need to bring in a project at that position. We need some cheap, quick dude who can fill that spot in. We have needs elsewhere. He can be a great team mate all he wants. I would prefer to use that spot/money for something else.
    Except Johnson is better than our number 2. How is Johnson a project? He's a proven accomplished receiver.

  9. #9
    drownwithyou's Avatar
    drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    Did you guys think this through at all?

    Johnson was a number 1 receiver his whole career. We have a 1, we have a 2 he would someohow become a slot receiver? He is not a slot receiver, not built like one and doesnt have the attitude to BE one.

    For one we do not need to bring in a project at that position. We need some cheap, quick dude who can fill that spot in. We have needs elsewhere. He can be a great team mate all he wants. I would prefer to use that spot/money for something else.
    Nate is perfect for the slot, he would be the one sliding over.

    I don't think Chad would be that big of a distraction, I think he'd help quite a bit. No more Bryant Johnson, and I think Nate would thrive in the slot with those two at WR. I think the Lions would look pretty good depending on the rest of the draft.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

  10. #10
    Cecil is offline Released
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Huntington Woods, MI
    Posts
    9,819

    Default

    I think Johnson's antics would go over well. He would immediately be a fan favorite. I think Johnson is misunderstood. When the Bengals were having the issues with players getting in trouble off the field, Johnson wasn't one of them. Johnson doesn't take off plays and pout like Randy Moss. Johnson isn't a general douchebag like Owens. Johnson is outspoken and flamboyant.

  11. #11
    RedRamage's Avatar
    RedRamage is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    GR, MI
    Posts
    20,448

    Default

    Yeah, I'm not really opposed to it. I mean the price would have to be right. I'd prefer to not have the distraction... but as far as distractions go, 85 is pretty minor in that regard. Lot's to smack talk, but very little in terms of real off the field problems.

  12. #12
    davidsb's Avatar
    davidsb is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    NE Indiana
    Posts
    4,041

  13. #13
    Walt's Avatar
    Walt is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    10,007

    Default

    joshd finally got banned.
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

  14. #14
    sagnam's Avatar
    sagnam is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    White Lake, MI
    Posts
    12,508

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    joshd finally got banned.
    8 posts out of 10 creating new threads, all of which reference his blog. That'll happen.
    AAL: Ndamukong Suh | AAW: Nicklas Lidström | AAT: Anthony Castro

  15. #15
    Biff Mayhem's Avatar
    Biff Mayhem is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Unfortunately in Michigan
    Posts
    35,344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sagnam View Post
    8 posts out of 10 creating new threads, all of which reference his blog. That'll happen.

    In 9 of his posts he links his blog and then doesn't reply at all.
    VT Twitter 2014 AAT: Shannon Hogan

    Give me a dollar or give me 50 cents. Let me take it back if that ain't what I meant.

  16. #16
    Walt's Avatar
    Walt is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    10,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Biff Mayhem View Post
    In 9 of his posts he links his blog and then doesn't reply at all.
    I know, I am surprised it took so long.
    It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. -Carl Sagan http://th07.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/...yx-d41sg12.png

  17. #17
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    14,597
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    Did you watch the Bengals last year? Johnson molded himself into a 1B/#2 receiver behind Owens. T.O. was their go to guy, which is why he got 9 TDS. And Johnson never complained once. He would be a perfect fit, allowing Nate to play the slot, we would be stacked. He probably wont be that expensive either.
    I would rather have Nate at the 2 then Johnson.

    I am not a fan of Johnson and he is old. He is not the Johnson from 6 years ago. We need to get younger not older.

    Just my opinion.

  18. #18
    Johnny Mac's Avatar
    Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida via Canton
    Posts
    16,336
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Am I missing something, they just mentioned in passing on NFLN that Green may be #1 in Cincy with TO and CJ possibly moving on, are the Bengals going to cut him?
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

  19. #19
    drownwithyou's Avatar
    drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    Am I missing something, they just mentioned in passing on NFLN that Green may be #1 in Cincy with TO and CJ possibly moving on, are the Bengals going to cut him?
    Chad and their coach basically laid it out in the media that they can't co-exist, and the Bengals brought the coach back. So it is pretty much assumed Chad is moving on.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

  20. #20
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    21,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by John_Brian_K View Post
    I would rather have Nate at the 2 then Johnson.

    I am not a fan of Johnson and he is old. He is not the Johnson from 6 years ago. We need to get younger not older.

    Just my opinion.
    He is still putting up good numbers, and he is just so much better than Burleson. Nate would be best served as a slot receiver, having Johnson at #2 lets us do that.

    It would be a perfect fit.

  21. #21
    T&P_Fan's Avatar
    T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    By the Big Lake
    Posts
    21,987
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drownwithyou View Post
    Chad and their coach basically laid it out in the media that they can't co-exist, and the Bengals brought the coach back. So it is pretty much assumed Chad is moving on.
    This is what I assumed as well. Something has to give, Lewis is back which means CJ is gone.

  22. #22
    Johnny Mac's Avatar
    Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Florida via Canton
    Posts
    16,336
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I wouldnt trade anything for Chad, but if he got cut, Id add him, let Burleson play slot with the Johnsons on the outside
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

  23. #23
    Big Frame is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Would he be able to wear 85?

  24. #24
    cruzer1's Avatar
    cruzer1 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Here
    Posts
    31,913
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    No thank you. They need a young gun with some wheels.
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

  25. #25
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    14,597
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Except Johnson is better than our number 2. How is Johnson a project? He's a proven accomplished receiver.
    That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

    Nate is 29
    Chad is 33

    Age in Football is HUGE IMO. I prefer Nate all day. Just for the record I think I may have missed watching 5 Lions football games in the last 20 years. Just so you dont think I dont watch or really pay attention.

    And he would be a project because he would have to learn a new system and switch spots. Different routes, different reads etc etc.

  26. #26
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    14,597
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    I think Johnson's antics would go over well. He would immediately be a fan favorite. I think Johnson is misunderstood. When the Bengals were having the issues with players getting in trouble off the field, Johnson wasn't one of them. Johnson doesn't take off plays and pout like Randy Moss. Johnson isn't a general douchebag like Owens. Johnson is outspoken and flamboyant.
    Just for the record:

    I personally never brought up his personality. I could not care less about how flamboyant he is. I LOVED it when Roy would do the whole first down thing. Even when we were down 20 points.....I mean what the hell else was there to get excited about?

  27. #27
    John_Brian_K's Avatar
    John_Brian_K is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Dearborn, MI
    Posts
    14,597
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    He is still putting up good numbers, and he is just so much better than Burleson. Nate would be best served as a slot receiver, having Johnson at #2 lets us do that.

    It would be a perfect fit.
    I dont see where you think Chad is 'so much better' than Nate. I think Nate is a stud and could very well be a number 1 somewhere else, but again just my opinion on it.

  28. #28
    drownwithyou's Avatar
    drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Valencia, California
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Nate is a nice receiver, but I don't think he's a number one (and he hasn't been his entire career). I think his skill set is perfect for the slot, so moving him there isn't a slight on him not even being a number two or whatever. I think the passing game would thrive with him in the slot and another person on the outside as the WR2.
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Similar Threads

  1. 10/4/09. Week 4. Lions @ Bears. Fox, 1:05pm.
    By Shinma in forum Lions Game Threads
    Replies: 212
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 04:11 PM
  2. Lions fans struggle alongside their city
    By cruzer1 in forum Detroit Lions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-20-2008, 04:12 PM
  3. Rant
    By Tigerclaws in forum Detroit Lions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-23-2008, 12:51 PM
  4. "Big" Al Beaton's Lions Preview
    By jonjd in forum Detroit Lions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-14-2008, 08:21 AM
  5. Good scouting report on the Lions talent...
    By cruzer1 in forum Detroit Lions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-16-2005, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •