Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vannzee is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Millen on NBC...

Playoffs pre-game show, and he will be joining them after the first break.

This is closer then he ever got us to the playoffs.
    AAT 2013- SP D. Below 2012- RP R. Weinhardt 2011- CF A. Jackson 2010- SP D. Below 2009- INF Justin Henry 2008- RP Jeremy Johnson
    AAL TE Joe "Happy Feet" Fauria

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

lol, i just posted a discussion thread and posted this in it

couldnt they find someone more qualified?

EatEmUpTigers711 is offline MotownSports Fan

What'd I miss about the Lions? Just flipped it on and saw them blasting our fabulous 0-16 record again. Didn't miss Millen yet did I?
    2012 Adopt-A-Tiger - Ryan Strieby
    2011 Adopt-A-Lion - #26 Louis Delmas - 51 Tackles

Hes going be talking with Dan Patrick, wonder if they will get into the Lions situation.

They just showed a brieft 0-16 part before going to commercial...he will be on soon.
    AAT 2013- SP D. Below 2012- RP R. Weinhardt 2011- CF A. Jackson 2010- SP D. Below 2009- INF Justin Henry 2008- RP Jeremy Johnson

DetroitFan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

D'oh!

You beat me to it! Did anyone see the loser montage? Awesome...

Millen hasnt been on yet...now he is.

Blog Entries

Even this Ben May fella won more than the lions.

Blog Entries

Patrick is really grilling him!

Blog Entries

Millen says it was his fault and that he was partly not qualified for the position

Blog Entries

and now he says he would have fired himself, but would have waited for the end of the year

Blog Entries

Dang... Millens a good analyst...

Shinma is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    and now he says he would have fired himself, but would have waited for the end of the year
    Liar.
    "Every day is better than the last day." - Pavel Datsyuk

Well, we recorded the interview on the DVR.....and I'm quite surprised at the interview. Millen just took all the heat, and manned up. No excuses whatsoever (not that he should have any).

lindsay28 is offline MotownSports Fan

He would have fired himself...so why didn't he resign? Idiot.

I...was...impressed....

He did break down the upcoming matchup well, and was forthright with his answers. He didnt blame it on others, and stepped up and took the blame.

He did say there was more going on here that he didnt go into...that makes me think its a Ford issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinma View Post
    Liar.
    Haha, I think he was pretty genuine. I'm happy we got rid of him when we did & wish we did it a while ago, but I'm more of a fan of the firings coming at the end of the year. No point in doing it so early unless you're going to bring someone in right away.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay28 View Post
    He would have fired himself...so why didn't he resign? Idiot.
    Would you just step down? I wouldnt of...I would be dumb enough to keep saying one more draft.

JohnJMS is offline Released

All I know is when Dan Patrick said - "Let's get to today's games", I changed the channel saying "Who cares what MATT MILLEN thinks?" I mean - come on - really - who cares what the worst CEO/President/GM in NFL history has to say about today's games?

cruzer1 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

lol, i just posted a discussion thread and posted this in it

couldnt they find someone more qualified?
    To be an analyst on TV? He has always been one of the best.
    Where's Zimm?
    VT

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJMS View Post
    All I know is when Dan Patrick said - "Let's get to today's games", I changed the channel saying "Who cares what MATT MILLEN thinks?" I mean - come on - really - who cares what the worst CEO/President/GM in NFL history has to say about today's games?
    He was very good discussing todays game. It looks like hes going to be on there all day in place of Collinsworth.

sportz4life is offline Released

Genuine?? Man up?? What you talkin bout Willis??

If he would have done any of those things, he would have done those things in a press conference in Detroit.

Where he would have faced the music and admitted his incompetence to the very fans he disparaged. That would have been real manning up..instead he does it onT.V. while he auditons for a paying job..

How about forfeiting his 2009 and 2010 paychecks, so Frod would n't feel the need to hire bargain basement front office help..like Larry and Moe..

djhutch is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Nicely done interview. I like that he said "I could sit here & make excuses all day, but I won't. In the end it's my fault." Or words to that effect.

Kudos to NBC for having the stones to put him back on the air so fast.
    2014 AAT:Daniel Fields All-Time AAT: Charlie Maxwell
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball & saving an infantís life, she'll choose to save the infant without even considering if there are men on base. ~ Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by vannzee View Post
    Would you just step down? I wouldnt of...I would be dumb enough to keep saying one more draft.
    Well his wife called it "football hell". No one in Detroit likes him. He said he would fire himself.

So, if I was in football hell, no one liked me, I failed at what I was doing & thought I should be fired, then yeah..I'd step down.

Quote Originally Posted by cruzer1 View Post
    To be an analyst on TV? He has always been one of the best.
    No the best analyst have football sense..we now know Matt Millen is a football fraud the TV equivilant of a used car salesman.

I loved hearing him gush over Boldin...I knew he always loved his wideouts.

I wish Patrick would of asked him about Meyhew, so we could have got some idea how much they worked together.

I wish Patrick would of asked him about Meyhew, so we could have got some idea how much they worked together.
    I was hoping the same thing.

djhutch is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sportz4life View Post

If he would have done any of those things, he would have done those things in a press conference in Detroit.

Where he would have faced the music and admitted his incompetence to the very fans he disparaged. That would have been real manning up..instead he does it onT.V. while he auditons for a paying job..

How about forfeiting his 2009 and 2010 paychecks, so Frod would n't feel the need to hire bargain basement front office help..like Larry and Moe..
    Maybe he wasn't given the chance to have a press conference. & if he'd called his own, how many people would have said "Who cares what your side of the story is, Loser?"
    2014 AAT:Daniel Fields All-Time AAT: Charlie Maxwell
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball & saving an infantís life, she'll choose to save the infant without even considering if there are men on base. ~ Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    Maybe he wasn't given the chance to have a press conference. & if he'd called his own, how many people would have said "Who cares what your side of the story is, Loser?"
    And it's his fault for building that type of reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by djhutch View Post
    Do you honestly believe that?? he could have called his own press conference...EVERYONE would have been there..it would have been attended by every single media memeber in Detroit..who are you kidding??

man up..Millen is a coward..a blowhard..and an embarassment..the idea a network would parade him out there is a joke..he presided over the single biggest legacy of football futility in history..unquestioned..

Expert..more like idiot..would you listen to a doctor where every patient died..a mechanic where every car broke down..please..NBC should be embarassed..

Do you honestly believe that?? he could have called his own press conference...EVERYONE would have been there..it would have been attended by every single media memeber in Detroit..who are you kidding??

man up..Millen is a coward..a blowhard..and an embarassment..the idea a network would parade him out there is a joke..he presided over the single biggest legacy of football futility in history..unquestioned..

Expert..more like idiot..would you listen to a doctor where every patient died..a mechanic where every car broke down..please..NBC should be embarassed..
    I disagree. How many times can you hire a G.M to be a studio talking head? Crappy g.m he is, but im sure hes not a football idiot. Hes a former player, he was a good player...he never should of been a GM let a alone for 8 years...but it doesnt mean he doesnt know football.

It's easy to know your stuff about football, but it's another thing to know how to operate a football team.

I disagree. How many times can you hire a G.M to be a studio talking head? Crappy g.m he is, but im sure hes not a football idiot. Hes a former player, he was a good player...he never should of been a GM let a alone for 8 years...but it doesnt mean he doesnt know football.
    vanz..if he really knew football..he would not have presided over a team that went 0-16 in his 8th season. ya see smart people improve with experience..not deteriorate..diminished knoweldge with expereice, is a definitive sign of ignorance, incompetence or massive lack of effort.

Honestly, I really don't care what you say, he took all the heat right there in front of a national audience.

So what he didn't have a press conference in Detroit, what would the point have been if he did?

It sounds like you're pissed about Ford running the team the way he is, not spending on front office members & pissed that Millen was around for as long as he was, and most of us feel the same way too. But if you saw how he answered the questions, I don't see how you can say he didn't take the blame.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lindsay28 View Post
    It's easy to know your stuff about football, but it's another thing to know how to operate a football team.
    Very true

Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

If Millen is really sorry about this bag of **** he put together and called a franchise, he'd willing forfeit the money coming to him in '09 and '10. Will he do it? No chance.

Euphdude is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EatEmUpTigers711 View Post
    Honestly, I really don't care what you say, he took all the heat right there in front of a national audience.

So what he didn't have a press conference in Detroit, what would the point have been if he did?

It sounds like you're pissed about Ford running the team the way he is, not spending on front office members & pissed that Millen was around for as long as he was, and most of us feel the same way too. But if you saw how he answered the questions, I don't see how you can say he didn't take the blame.....
    Millen's doing what he has to do in order to get another TV gig. Nothing more, nothing less.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphdude View Post
    If Millen is really sorry about this bag of **** he put together and called a franchise, he'd willing forfeit the money coming to him in '09 and '10. Will he do it? No chance.
    Yeah, you can say that, but really it's Ford being an idiot & giving him an extension that was ridiculous & completely unearned.

Lbh24 is offline MotownSports Fan

We'd all step down, retire, take less money, not go to the Yankees, not reject the first 'fair' offer from our hometown team, etc.
    2009 Piston: Rip Hamilton - Guard
    2010 Adopt-A-Tiger: Lloyd McClendon

Mschottey1985 is offline MotownSports Fan

vanz..if he really knew football..he would not have presided over a team that went 0-16 in his 8th season. ya see smart people improve with experience..not deteriorate..diminished knoweldge with expereice, is a definitive sign of ignorance, incompetence or massive lack of effort.
    Wow...you're a toolbag

Millen's suckiness as a GM has nothing to do with his ability as a color commentator. Just as his ability as a commentator and success as a player had nothing to do with his suckiness as a GM.

Its like saying I suck at math so therefore I must not be able to speak French--two totally different things.

Millen was being groomed to be the next Madden years ago...I can only assume he's picking right up where he left off.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphdude View Post
    Millen's doing what he has to do in order to get another TV gig. Nothing more, nothing less.
    Great, and what's wrong with that? He actually sounded pretty good, and I don't think his talking about the Lions & how crappy a job he did has anything to do with a TV gig. He's already been down the TV gig road & I doubt he'd have that much trouble to get a job back doing that.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast