Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Default Get Paid to go to the Big Ten Championship Game!?!

Event Seat-Filler

Saturday night event in downtown Indianapolis needs seat-fillers. Total number of seat-fillers needed will vary based on crowd.

Must tolerate loud noise and crowds. Must have red or dark green casual clothing to wear. Event will last all evening on Saturday night. All ages, sexes, races, etc.

Please use contact e-mail. Event planner will follow-up with exact details on location for staging of seat-fillers (additional information and instruction provided there).

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    Compensation: 75 dollars, parking validation and access to event
    MLive comments on it too

Michigan State Spartans Links: Spartans fine being underdogs again | MLive.com
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

Blog Entries

This is pathetic, seats are also available for $9 on stub hub

lionstigersand... is offline MotownSports Fan

MSU blew through it'd allotment very quickly...And I'd imagine most of the publicly available seats will get snapped up by game time too. Although why shell out when you can collect!!!
    I love it here. True story: They asked me to play the University of Michigan and I said, ‘No, I don’t like that school. Any school that has to have a football stadium that big must have a small penis.' - Conan O'Brien at the Breslin, on the topic of UofM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lionstigersand... View Post
    MSU blew through it'd allotment very quickly...And I'd imagine most of the publicly available seats will get snapped up by game time too. Although why shell out when you can collect!!!
    Its not a hot ticket, $9 seats on stubhub. Cheapest ACC available is $65, Cheapset SEC is $95, Pac 12 has $18.

SpartanValor is offline MotownSports Fan

What are we, the ACC?!

From their first championship game:

Boston College and Virginia Tech combined to sell only about 5,000 of their combined 20,000 ticket allotment.
    ACC Championship Game's debut in Tampa greeted by empty seats - St. Petersburg Times

At least MSU sold out their allotment. Its killing me not being able to go...but I work at 7am Sunday morning in Milwaukee, and I work until at least 9pm that night, it would be a killer of a day. Theres no way....right?!?

Its like a 5 hour drive.
    MSU Basketball: Back-to-Back Big Ten Championships and Final Fours
    MSU Football: Big Ten Champions!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanValor View Post
    What are we, the ACC?!
    Nope, cant get an ACCCG ticket for less than $65 right now. You can get paid $75 bucks for a Big Ten ticket.

Its all about matchups, BC is so far away from Florida and isn't a big draw so they struggled to fill seats. VT is only an average draw. MSU - Wisconsin isnt a big draw and now they are struggling to fill seats.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    Its not a hot ticket, $9 seats on stubhub. Cheapest ACC available is $65, Cheapset SEC is $95, Pac 12 has $18.
    Pac12 is played on Oregon's campus, so that is by far the most shocking number to me. I mean hell, the chepest stubhub ticket for last week's game at Northwestern was still pushing $30, and they don't even come close to filling up the joint! Let alone being a championship game, not during thanksgiving week, etc etc

SEC doesn't surprise me: its in Georgia's backyard, and its not like LSU fans will have to save up to travel for their bowl game.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    MSU - Wisconsin isnt a big draw and now they are struggling to fill seats.
    MSU had no trouble selling their tix. They didn't even have any tickets left over for public sale, they sold out to season ticket holders.

Wisconsin fans are self confident and are saving up for a Rose Bowl trip. Either way, they haven't held up their end of the bargain. Not sure why you'd say Wisconsin isn't a big draw for Wisconsin fans...

Blog Entries

Pac12 is played on Oregon's campus, so that is by far the most shocking number to me. I mean hell, the chepest stubhub ticket for last week's game at Northwestern was still pushing $30, and they don't even come close to filling up the joint! Let alone being a championship game, not during thanksgiving week, etc etc

SEC doesn't surprise me: its in Georgia's backyard, and its not like LSU fans will have to save up to travel for their bowl game.
    Oregon is also playing UCLA, which is 6-6. UCLA is in an odd position, they fired their coach for bad performance, but are in the PAC 12 title game because of U$C probation. If they win they are in the rose bowl, if they lose, I dont think a 6-7 team is bowl eligible. Really strange, they are either in one of the best bowls there is or no bowl at all. That game is going to be a blowout, so I dont blame them for not caring about it. The Big Ten ticket prices are by far the most shocking to me. And to be honest, joking aside, the ACC is a little surprising to me too. The ACC does have some teams with attendance problems, but Clemson and VT are probably 2 of the 3 or 4 best attendance wise teams in the conference, so I guess I am not too shocked.

Who is the Drizzle? is offline MotownSports Fan

I would never sell out my integrity and wear green or red at a football game. Not for $75, not for $175!
    It stays on my head in here, this is the SHAKE SIGNAL, the MASTER SHAKE SIGNAL, you got that?

UCLA applied for a waiver, I'm sure they'll be granted a bowl berth. But either way, the game is not in LA, its in Orgeon. Why wouldn't Orgeon fans want to watch their team clinch the Rose Bowl?! If MSU were playing Northwestern (6-6) for the Rose Bowl at home, I can guarantee that tickets wouldn't be going for under $20. I'd have to check to see the last time tickets for any game were available for under $20, that doesn't even seem possible.

Like I said, a Northwestern home game, in the rain, Thanksgiving weekend, 6-6 team, both teams with nothing to play for, and the cheapest tickets were $10 more than the cheapest PAC12 championship game tickets. Crazy.

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

Big Ten says that they aren't paying anybody, who else would be doing it?

Blog Entries

MSU had no trouble selling their tix. They didn't even have any tickets left over for public sale, they sold out to season ticket holders.

Wisconsin fans are self confident and are saving up for a Rose Bowl trip. Either way, they haven't held up their end of the bargain. Not sure why you'd say Wisconsin isn't a big draw for Wisconsin fans...
    Not all seats are sold in the school allotments. There are general public tickets available. I bet those are the ones they are having trouble selling, people not affiliated with the schools who live in the area don't care as much about those two teams. And MSU sold their general allotment, but it sounds like there is no demand beyond that. It does sound like they are doing better than Wisconsin, but that somewhat expected as EL is about an hour and a half closer to Indy.

This is what I mean, there is no buzz to this game.

Big Ten football championship game: Game lacks buzz for sellers | The Indianapolis Star | indystar.com

Blog Entries

The Big Ten Championship is Looking for ‘Event Seat-Fillers’ | Kegs 'n Eggs Blog

Someone followed up and here is the response they got back

Well, here’s the response one “interested” client passed along that she received after following up.

Thanks for expressing interest in helping us fill empty seats on Saturday night. We have gotten your e-mail address, and will be sending out details Saturday morning to match the expected number of needed seat-fillers. Our client has asked for discretion about this opportunity, as “seat-filling” is behind-the-scenes aspect of this event production.

On the day of the event event, we will designate a parking garage and validate your parking. Seat fillers will be assigned seats inside or near the event close to the event start time. We expect fillers will need to be checked in around 6:30pm on Saturday. The event itself begins shortly after 8pm, and we expect it to conclude close to midnight. You will receive payment at the end of the evening upon turning in the paperwork given to you at the beginning of the evening.

No experience is necessary, and there are no age, sex, or race requirements. We are asking that all participants wear red or dark green t-shirts and/or hats.

This is an exciting opportunity to be paid to see a live sporting event! We look forward to seeing you on Saturday.

I don't think distance has anything to do with the discrepancy between MSU being able to sell their allotment, and Wisconsin not. Beyond that, I can't tell you why Indianapolis-ans, would or would not want to attend a game between the Badgers and Spartans ha. Frankly, it sounds like the big ten should have made more tickets available to MSU. All I know is MSU fans bought up the MSU tickets before someone like me even had the opportunity to purchase them (not a season ticket holder).

Consider there "demand beyond that" because I want tickets, and have to resort to stubhub or the wisconsin box office.
    Last edited by SpartanValor; 11-30-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Blog Entries

They are $9 on stubhub. I would consider you lucky for not buying them full price from MSU and having to "resort". And MSU were on sale first, so people hoping to scalp or re-sale had first dibs on them. I bet a lot of the stub hub tickets are ones sold by MSU.

But like I said before, it does seem to be more of a Wisconsin fault for not selling their allotment. But the lack of excitement about the game is what is killing the 2nd hand market, which is a big part of ticket sales every event.

qsilvr2531 is offline MotownSports Fan

I don't think distance has anything to do with the discrepancy between MSU being able to sell their allotment, and Wisconsin not. Beyond that, I can't tell you why Indianapolis-ans, would or would not want to attend a game between the Badgers and Spartans ha. Frankly, it sounds like the big ten should have made more tickets available to MSU. All I know is MSU fans bought up the MSU tickets before someone like me even had the opportunity to purchase them (not a season ticket holder).

Consider there "demand beyond that" because I want tickets, and have to resort to stubhub or the wisconsin box office.
    The good news is there are tons of tickets available and you get to purchase them for a ton less than it would cost you through MSU. So there might be some additional demand but it obviously isn't much.
    Slowsilver: They did a study at Baseball Prospectus and found out that bionic parts increase WARP23 by 6.7% on average. Back in the steroid era, steroids only increased WARP23 by 4.6%

Deleterious is online now MotownSports Fan

Another good argument to hold it in Chicago. At $9 a ticket I could easily convince my friend to shoot over to Chicago for the weekend. Not so easy to convince her to take a trip to Indianapolis. Anyone have any good selling points on Indy so I can convince her?

Casimir is offline MotownSports Fan

I wouldn't go. Its being held indoors. That's completely contrary to the mantra of many Leaders & Legends fans to SEC schools about traveling up north in the cold for a game. So the Leaders & Legends are going to brag about being able to play in the elements and then play the championship game indoors? Phooey.

Mark The Shark is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

What are we, the ACC?!

From their first championship game:

ACC Championship Game's debut in Tampa greeted by empty seats - St. Petersburg Times

At least MSU sold out their allotment. Its killing me not being able to go...but I work at 7am Sunday morning in Milwaukee, and I work until at least 9pm that night, it would be a killer of a day. Theres no way....right?!?

Its like a 5 hour drive.
    That's why there's coffee.

I had the same circumstance when I went to the 1997 Stanley Cup parade and turned right around to get back to Iowa to work the next morning. Totally worth the craptastic next day.
    2012 Adopted Tiger -- RHP Luis Marte

JayVee is offline MotownSports Fan

The posting has been removed.

In all honesty, if someone gets an e-mail back, I would LOVE to get a copy. I just might be able to make it...

2014 AAT -- #8 Wally Joyner -- Hitting Coach Extraordinaire
    Μολὼν λαβέ -- SONJE HAITI

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JayVee7777 View Post
    The posting has been removed.

In all honesty, if someone gets an e-mail back, I would LOVE to get a copy. I just might be able to make it...
    Could mean three things

1. They got way too many replies because this got a lot of attention and have more than they need already

or

2. They originally planned on doing this, saw the backlash and decided to act like it wasn't them and have it removed.

or

3. It was just flat out fake

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

LOL...my buddies and I each paid $80 each through the MSU ticket office last week. Then again, at the time tickets were well above $100 on StubHub...and we have peace of mind that tix are legit...Sparty on.
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

lesgoblu02 is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Anything bought on stubhub is also legit.
    Every time you play a hand of you poker you wanna run through a mental check list. Head Position Hand Position Neck Position Breathing Posture. More than 25 items. It's a lot. And that why I've come up with a handy mnemonic device. Just one word: HPHPNPBPECMSPAMDCPAFTSTTL. It's easy.

Quote Originally Posted by lesgoblu02 View Post
    Anything bought on stubhub is also legit.
    Eh, I know it is...but it's peace of mind getting tickets through the university. Sure, I'd rather have spent less money, but at the time it was the right call. Additionally, $80 really ain't bad to potentially see MSU earn the right to the Rose Bowl.
    Obama '12

Obama '12

lionstigersand... is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by monkeynuts View Post
    Why you got to pee on Johnny's cheerios?
    I love it here. True story: They asked me to play the University of Michigan and I said, ‘No, I don’t like that school. Any school that has to have a football stadium that big must have a small penis.' - Conan O'Brien at the Breslin, on the topic of UofM