Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    IdahoBert is offline MotownSports Fan

Spamming reports are welcome. Obvious trolling reports are welcome. Reporting vicious or racist or injurious posts is welcome. Most of the reports we get are sound and welcome. Few of the reports we get from the college forum seem legitimate.
    "If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."--Clint Eastwood

2014 Adopt A Tiger: Aníbal Sánchez, RSP

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoBert View Post
    The point is that we do not have the unlimited time or resources to adjudicate all the perceived infractions occurring on this site, especially when some are so numerous and shallow. In lieu of this reality, we will from time to time reach for the nuclear option. It's not pretty, but it happens. It's the quickest and easiest way of dealing with something and simultaneously sending a message.
    I don't know why, but I got a chuckle reading that. Implementing the "nuclear option" terminology on an internet message board made me laugh.
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

drownwithyou is offline MotownSports Fan

It is taking all of my strength not to report Bert's posts!
    2014 AAT: Guido Knudson Lakeland stats: 4.2 IP - 0.00 ERA, 0.857 WHIP, 10 K/4 BB, 2 Saves
    Twitter | Last.fm | Blog

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

That thread was getting out of control, I don't blame the mods for locking it. Better to lock it before it goes too far than to let it go too far and start banning people. There wasn't really anything productive going on in that thread either.
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

mr0zip0 is offline MotownSports Fan

I didn't even know it was possible to report posts. I've never had a reason to report one though, so it's nbd...

--EDIT--

Ha, I just noticed the report button... Had to look around for it. I didn't know MTS had one. The locked thread was getting out of control. I didn't even bother posting in it after a while... It's ridiculous that we cannot co-exist, but that thread proves the unfortunate truth.
    Last edited by mr0zip0; 12-05-2011 at 03:46 PM.

New_Age_X is offline MotownSports Fan

I personally came to these boards to get away from the trolling. I know people will have different opinions on things and of course that is cool. But when the trolling and trying to be a dick to another poster cause he cheers for another team comes up its ********.

So I'm happy there are two separate boards on here. I don't think it would be this way if the people who made it this way could just act like adults and have civil conversations with each other.

DTroppens is offline MotownSports Fan

As long as no one trolls about my Chippewas. Heck, I troll about my Chippewas.
    "Only Lions fans can predict a victory when their starting quarterback has a broken arm." -unknown

"I'm going to go the Pistons' game tonight and watch Sheed jack up threes." -unknown

Who is the Drizzle? is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by New_Age_X View Post
    I personally came to these boards to get away from the trolling. I know people will have different opinions on things and of course that is cool. But when the trolling and trying to be a dick to another poster cause he cheers for another team comes up its ********.

So I'm happy there are two separate boards on here. I don't think it would be this way if the people who made it this way could just act like adults and have civil conversations with each other.
    It is indeed ridiculous that Michigan St. and Florida St. fans can't get along.
    We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security. - DDE
    Those who take the extreme positions in American political and economic life are always wrong. - DDE

Blog Entries

Hey now, I don't dislike all Sparty's.....they are at highest 5th on my disliked team's chart.

And they probably aren't even that high...just have to deal with them everywhere I go, family members, best friends, half of my school, on the local sports radio on my 35 minute ride to and from school, my boss at my internship, half my friends on FB.....THEY ARE EVERYWHERE
    Last edited by Johnny Mac; 12-05-2011 at 06:07 PM. Reason: none

Quote Originally Posted by Who is the Drizzle? View Post
    Wasn't really pointing the finger at one person in particular (but I know you knew that). Was more based off of this is the reason we have separate boards.

T&P_Fan is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by New_Age_X View Post

I dont think there was anything worth reporting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Who is the Drizzle? View Post
    And Michigan fan is completely innocent in this...

Who is the Drizzle? is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac View Post
    And Michigan fan is completely innocent in this...
    Our intentions are as pure as the undriven snow.

But seriously, I think all the M fans that survived this board are pretty used to it and *for the most part* have been pretty restrained w.r.t. Sparty the last couple months*.....you just got sucked in/surprised from your first time looking directly at it without protection.

*this is a guesstimate as I admittedly haven't read every M/MSU thread
    We will bankrupt ourselves in the vain search for absolute security. - DDE
    Those who take the extreme positions in American political and economic life are always wrong. - DDE

pyrotigers is offline MotownSports Fan

I just appreciate that the original post blamed Michigan fans for not being able to handle their recent setbacks, and now a thread about MSU fans not being able to handle a recent setback has brought the issue to the forefront again. How quickly the sporting world changes.
    Kobernoooooous

Quote Originally Posted by T&P_Fan View Post
    I dont think there was anything worth reporting.
    I may have missed it but I didn't know something got reported. I know the mods read thru a lot of these threads themselves so sometimes they catch stuff on there own.

And all I'm saying is reporting is one thing if someone is taking it to far (name calling crap like this). Which TP you're right it didn't seem to go that far. But still there was some trolling and it did start to get heated I saw near the end of the thread so it got shut down. Which was smart by the mods IMO before it turns into a lot of great posters on here saying things they may not want to say and then getting banned.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345