Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Casimir is online now MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan4Life
    also, i saw the annocuers for the game

Brent Musburger, Bob Davie, Kirk Herbstreit

i may wear earmuffs to watch this one...there ohio st bias is gonna to drive me crazy
    Ah, another widely unacknowledged myth. Musberger picks a side and rides it to death. When Cooper was around, he was a UofM homer. Now that OSU has had success, he rides the Buckeyes.

And Herbstreit has never been one to shy away from giving UofM praise and prediciting them to win games -- even in THE GAME.

The one point you got right is that with Musberger around you need earmuffs.

And by the way. A-N-N-O-U-N-C-E-R-S.

This might be fun for some of us: The Brent Musberger Drinking Game. I see that its a post from 01/08/02, but I'm sure it can still be utilized.

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet...
    This should make next year's televised college games much more drunk...err..exciting.

While watching the Big 12 Championship game it dawned on a friend of
    mine that all those stupid little "Brent-isms" would be primed for a good old fashioned drinking game. Also it may be the only way to listen to a Musberger broadcast without throwing a hammer through the screen. To protect his anonymity he goes by the moniker Lou. I present to you, Lou's
    Brent Musberger Drinking Game. Not for those under 21 (yeah right)
    WARNING!

Play at your own risk. It is conceivable your whole party will be shitfaced with 8 mins remaining in the 1st quarter.
    *Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first
    person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time
    Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must
    give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the f**k up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner
    in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a Big 10 school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the Big 10 school's mascot gets to
    make somebody drink for 11 seconds, since there's 11 schools in the Big 10.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!"
    before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by
    some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Gary, my man". Whenever Brent says "Gary, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Gary. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Gary, my man" until the game is over. "Gary, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Gary, my man". If someone talks to "Gary, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Gary, that person is automatically "Gary, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major",
    everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on
    and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner
    will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so
    much..
    Last edited by Casimir; 11-12-2006 at 09:40 PM.

SportsFan4Life is offline MotownSports Fan

maybe i should re-write it say more michigan hate for them 3

Ranger is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SportsFan4Life
    also, i saw the annocuers for the game

Brent Musburger, Bob Davie, Kirk Herbstreit

i may wear earmuffs to watch this one...there ohio st bias is gonna to drive me crazy
    Brent Musburger? Did you see last year's game? He literally wore a Maize and Blue outfit. Bob Davie is a Notre Dame homer. Herbie does a great job of staying objective.
    This is not a 3-7 Michigan team...it is an 8-2 team without a QB.
    --Ingefanclub

Truth is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger
    Herbie does a great job of staying objective.
    Calling a quality kid and solid football player worthless is your idea of staying objective?

estrepe1 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Truth
    Calling a quality kid and solid football player worthless is your idea of staying objective?
    Who did he say that about?

SpartanValor is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Truth

How exactly do you know steve breaston is a "quality kid" and what does that have to do with him being a good football player?

And Kirk, I think, meant "worthless" in the sense that he is not properly utilized in their offense. Maybe not. All I know is he is great on kick returns but the #3 WR on the team. Which, all things considered, makes him less valuable than others. Worthless is an extreme description of things.
    MSU Basketball: Back-to-Back Big Ten Championships and Final Fours
    MSU Football: Big Ten Champions!

Truth is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanValor
    How exactly do you know steve breaston is a "quality kid" and what does that have to do with him being a good football player?

And Kirk, I think, meant "worthless" in the sense that he is not properly utilized in their offense. Maybe not. All I know is he is great on kick returns but the #3 WR on the team. Which, all things considered, makes him less valuable than others. Worthless is an extreme description of things.
    Anybody who follows or is connected to the program knows he's a quality kid. And yes, it is beside the point except it makes his choice of words that much harsher.

I don't know what Kirk meant...Breaston is a starting WR with over 500 yards on 48 receptions this season. Those are decent numbers given how he's used and Michigan's offensive scheme.

monkeynuts is offline MotownSports Fan

My true Sparty colors waving through...I'm somehow rooting for neither team.
    Obama '12

2012 MSU Football Unofficial Adopt-A-Spartan - Larry Caper

pfife is offline MotownSports Fan

I've always thought Herbie was unbiased until his most recent "worthless" comments. That was horrible.

otoh, he also made some comments about the UofM defense not being able to dominate O$U, which people here automatically reinterpreted to mean that the UofM defense sucked, which is exactly not what he was saying. Just because they don't dominate doesn't mean they suck.
    "dada's moustache is so awesome" - my 2 and a half year old daughter

Tramfan is offline MotownSports Fan

A couple of points from reading this thread:

- Musberger always likes the underdog and will tend to hype up either side to a ridiculous level any given moment or play. The guy's the Don King of college sports and will ultimately get both sides riled up at some point in a big game like this, considering I really don't think there's ever an underdog going into this game.

- I love this forum, especially when discussing Tiger baseball, but anyone who honestly thought that a site who supports sports teams in the Detroit area (less than an hour away from the university) wouldn't extend to the U of M fanbase needs to have their head examined. Having said this, this is about the only place I can actually stand exchanging discussion with Ohio St. fans, even though some of you seem to have extended your opinions to more of an anti-Michigan extreme stemming from an unrelalistic expectation.

- having been to the shoe twice traveling with a small group once and with a certain family whose had multiple generations play at UM on another, it's pretty well accepted that Cbus is the worst place to visit, and it's not even close. The Michigan program knows it, the fanbase knows it, Texas fans know it, and I'm not sure how anyone whose been there would dispute it. BTW, I'll never go back there .... I'm trying to think of another college football program where a fan should be expected to hide there gear if they don't want to be assaulted or have their cars keyed or tires cut, or get a speeding ticket for driving the speeding limit, etc, etc ...
    2013 Adopt a Tiger Andy Dirks
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."

MichiganFan1717 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Biff Mayhem
    Go Ohio State just to shut you loud mouth scUM fans up!
    What's your beef with UofM? Am I right in saying you are not a regular fan of MSU, Notre Dame, or OSU? I understand that you may think the fans are obnoxious and arrogant, but it is that way with a lot of schools. Why Michigan above all the others?

Johnny Mac is offline MotownSports Fan
    Blog Entries

all i know is they said on sportscenter that usc/nd/fla all have to lose again for a rematch

what i dont get is

if UM losses, there is no way Notre Dame she be in the title game over us, and the sad truth is that it might happen
    2010 AAL Louis Delmas - 84 tackles 2 sacks 2 FF - Pro Bowl Alternate
    2010 AAW Johan Franzen (Mule) - 76 games 28 goals 27 assists +5
    2011 AAT Jhonny Peralta .324/.359/.500 1 HR 4 RBI

Buddha is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganFan1717
    What's your beef with UofM? Am I right in saying you are not a regular fan of MSU, Notre Dame, or OSU? I understand that you may think the fans are obnoxious and arrogant, but it is that way with a lot of schools. Why Michigan above all the others?
    It's because a bunch of Michigan fans made fun of him for dressing up as an elf. It's scarred him for life.
    the above opinion is not respected by Deleterious

DWPerkins is offline MotownSports Fan

Default Actually...

Quote Originally Posted by djbohn
    i am um alum, i have family in columbus. those people are freaks.
    (i have had my car trashed)
    (you can't joke with them)
    (don't for the love of god wear um stuff)
    My sister and I were at the game in 2002. We were wearing Michigan stuff quite clearly. A couple of students flipped us off (and a couple of older fans immediately apologized to us for that), but other than that, it was pretty tame. One guy wanted a kiss on the cheek from my sister after the game...

Of course, it might have been different if Michigan had won...

Go BLUE!!!!
    Dan Perkins
    2014 AAT: Victor Martinez

Biff Mayhem is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganFan1717
    Because the obnoxious level of most, not all, scUM fans supercedes that of any other superfan in the world. I take as much joy watching p.o.'d scUM fans that I do in watching p.o.'d White Sox fans.

And it has nothing to do with the elf suit!
    VT Twitter

2014 AAT: Shannon Hogan

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The position of the dirtbag.

JonBenke is offline Released

Because the obnoxious level of most, not all, scUM fans supercedes that of any other superfan in the world. I take as much joy watching p.o.'d scUM fans that I do in watching p.o.'d White Sox fans.

Wow, what a loser you are then.

Quote Originally Posted by JonBenke
    Wow, what a loser you are then.
    And it's this sort of reply that continues to prove me right.

Typical scUM superfan*: If you don't like Michigan then you're a loser.

I'm really going to enjoy this.

*A hybrid of White Sox and Yankees fans
    VT Twitter

What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover? The position of the dirtbag.

did anyone here about why Coach Carr left the metting w/ ABC pissed off i guess he was swearing and quite mad

Shut up! U r a jealous hater Ha Ha! Michigan roolz! U suck! Go Bloo!

JonBenke is offline Released

And it's this sort of reply that continues to prove me right.

Typical scUM superfan*: If you don't like Michigan then you're a loser.

I'm really going to enjoy this.
    NO, see now you are just trying to twist my words to make yourself right, which again, makes you a loser.

If this is how you feel, whatever - I don't care. I don't think of being a Michigan fan as being smug, and I love this team just like I did last year.

I bleed blue, not winning.

GO BLUE!

Quote Originally Posted by JonBenke
    If this is how you feel, whatever - I don't care. I don't think of being a Michigan fan as being smug, and I love this team just like I did last year.

You don't care and yet you call me a loser twice because I don't like scUM superfans. I don't have to twist anything. You're the atypical scUM fan that makes me relish in disappointed scUM fans.
    VT Twitter

Jwood is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Mac
    all i know is they said on sportscenter that usc/nd/fla all have to lose again for a rematch

what i dont get is

if UM losses, there is no way Notre Dame she be in the title game over us, and the sad truth is that it might happen
    Yeah I don't get that either because whoever loses their sole loss will come to the #1 team and that's gotta work out good in the equation of the BCS standings for the loser. If Michigan wins only Wisconsin and Notre Dame can say that (if both teams win out). If OSU wins then only Michigan can say that.

There is no way Notre Dame should make it ahead of Michigan, I can see Florida and USC making it ahead of Michigan (if Michigan loses) even though if you follow the explanation above it stands to reason that Michigan makes it ahead of them, if you think their schedules are even.

Hopefully Michigan wins so OSU has to worry about this crap.

GO BLUE!!!
    "Would I rather have people fear me or love me.... I want both, I want people to fear how much they love me." Michael Scott

Ohio State opens at a 6.5 favorite. Anyone have any injury report for either teams? I can't find one for the Buckeyes at the sites I visit.
    --Ingefanclub

Quote Originally Posted by Tramfan
    - I love this forum, especially when discussing Tiger baseball, but anyone who honestly thought that a site who supports sports teams in the Detroit area (less than an hour away from the university) wouldn't extend to the U of M fanbase needs to have their head examined. Having said this, this is about the only place I can actually stand exchanging discussion with Ohio St. fans, even though some of you seem to have extended your opinions to more of an anti-Michigan extreme stemming from an unrelalistic expectation.
    Sure I think most expect that this site will lean toward Michigan, thats fine.

Like I said I stopped posting about it and for the most part don't spend much time in this part of the forum because people berated me for posting about the Hokies.

I don't hold it against anyone I just stopped.

You obviously have no experience with Redskin fans.

Quote Originally Posted by estrepe1

Like I said I stopped posting about it and for the most part don't spend much time in this part of the forum because people berated me for posting about the Hokies.

Geez, it's ALWAYS about the Hokies with you. Give it a rest!

The more I think about who I want to win this game the less I care. I am just hoping for a good first half since that is all I will watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    Geez, it's ALWAYS about the Hokies with you. Give it a rest!

Jerk!

- having been to the shoe twice traveling with a small group once and with a certain family whose had multiple generations play at UM on another, it's pretty well accepted that Cbus is the worst place to visit, and it's not even close. The Michigan program knows it, the fanbase knows it, Texas fans know it, and I'm not sure how anyone whose been there would dispute it. BTW, I'll never go back there .... I'm trying to think of another college football program where a fan should be expected to hide there gear if they don't want to be assaulted or have their cars keyed or tires cut, or get a speeding ticket for driving the speeding limit, etc, etc ...
    Yep... getting a speeding ticket for going the speed limit - that always happens. I mean Ohio laws are much different than the other states and cops are allowed to do this to Michigan fans and Michigan fans have no rights. Please.
    The Ohio State campus is filled with unprovoked assaults - I actually saw Jim Tressel kick an old lady wearing a Northern Illinois shirt in the face!
    Please - if you start **** then you'll have to worry about fights. Some visiting fans will get booed and people will shout obscenities at them but Ohio State fans will stop there unless provoked. Go down Lane Ave on game day and people are socializing. I've never seen people seeking out trouble.
    This is all BS. I have never seen anyone go out of their way to start trouble with visiting fans? Does it happen? I'm sure it does but UM fans makes it seem like every Ohio State fan is like this. I'm sure that kind of BS happens everywhere.
    When I went to the UM-Ball State game, I let out a cheer and high-fived my uncle when Mike Hart fumbled in the endzone. I got booed at - that stuff happens when you're cheering on the visitors. Of course with the average age of everyone around me being like 50, it wasn't bad.

By the way - please visit Madison, WI next time Michigan plays Wisconsin and wear your Maize and Blue.
    Quote Originally Posted by DWPerkins
    My sister and I were at the game in 2002. We were wearing Michigan stuff quite clearly. A couple of students flipped us off (and a couple of older fans immediately apologized to us for that), but other than that, it was pretty tame. One guy wanted a kiss on the cheek from my sister after the game...
    Booing, getting obscenities shouted/directed at you does happen. This is pretty much what I always see. You can't avoid it - College Football isn't a family setting, its a college setting. It's also things that are easy to "turn the other cheek" to and hell, if you respond friendly and not threatened, you could probably joke around with the people and get free beer.
    There is a lot of alcohol around and guess what - it's a college campus.

If you're a fan of the visitors visiting the 'Shoe, its pretty easy to "survive" Columbus. Don't provoke anything and you'll be fine. As for your car - hell I don't even park on the city streets by the campus. People try squeezing in some of the tightest spots and end up bumping into cars in front of or behind them when they're parallel parking. Then it's difficult to figure out what spots permit legal parking at that time. I park in the University lots and pay the $10 to park. It is guarded and safe to park there.
    Columbus is also a big city and a little like Detroit with bums. The bums hang around campus and they're my biggest worries when I park on the city streets.
    --Ingefanclub

By the way - make nice with a couple OSU fans and have them show you around. Chances are you won't even get obscenities shouted/directed at you. For the Penn State game, my friend had some friends from PSU visit and they walked with us to the game and around the campus for the pre-game activities and they had zero problems in their Penn State jerseys.
    --Ingefanclub

Ohio State opens at a 6.5 favorite. Anyone have any injury report for either teams? I can't find one for the Buckeyes at the sites I visit.
    wow!!! thats a ton of pts, im glad i have a rule to never bet teams i root for

Yep... getting a speeding ticket for going the speed limit - that always happens. I mean Ohio laws are much different than the other states and cops are allowed to do this to Michigan fans and Michigan fans have no rights. Please.
    The Ohio State campus is filled with unprovoked assaults - I actually saw Jim Tressel kick an old lady wearing a Northern Illinois shirt in the face!
    Yeah right that's what I said in my post alright. Go ahead and run away with it. Unbelievable ... I guess it's a difference of perspectives from you and both the Michigan and Texas fanbases.

Please - if you start **** then you'll have to worry about fights. Some visiting fans will get booed and people will shout obscenities at them but Ohio State fans will stop there unless provoked. When I went to the UM-Ball State game, I let out a cheer and high-fived my uncle when Mike Hart fumbled in the endzone. I got booed at - that stuff happens when you're cheering on the visitors. Of course with the average age of everyone around me being like 50, it wasn't bad.
    Whatever dude. Showing off your Michigan colors is provoking behavior then? Getting booed is not exactly what I'm talking about afterall. The stories are endless, and yet I'm supposed to believe that the first hand accounts of what I've witnessed didn't happen because one guy has an opinion that Columbus isn't any different than any place else during Michigan week? To quote one of my best friends who graduated from Upper Arlington HS and still lives the Columbus area, "this place goes nuts all week and it's probably not a good idea to wear your Michigan (gear)" At least someone gets it.

By the way - please visit Madison, WI next time Michigan plays Wisconsin and wear your Maize and Blue.
    Been there, and yes they can be obnoxious, but a distant second to what goes on during what is commonly known as criminal day in Columbus. However I guess misery loves company.
    "Gentlemen, we will chase perfection, and we will chase it relentlessly, knowing all the while we can never attain it. But along the way, we shall catch excellence."

Quote Originally Posted by estrepe1

I've certainly never had a problem with your posts about Va Tech. In fact I've asked for your opinion about the program several times. I even think you have a fairly rational opinion about the Michigan program and the scope of college football. Others, on the other hand, folks who have started off a post or two with words like "I'm perfectly objective unlike so and so Michigan fans" then procede to bash the program and the fanbase through generalizations who I tried to ignore.

great viedo

jackson_cannery is offline MotownSports Fan

WOW.

I don't know how somebody could possibly defend this.

Please, Michigan, shut these idiots up this year.

lordstanley is offline MotownSports Fan

No UM-OSU week is complete without a few words from the incomparable late great Bob Ufer.

About the 1969 game,reciting the poem Burying Woody Hayes

"It was November 22nd, 1969
    That they came to bury Michigan
    All dressed in Maize and Blue
    The words were said, the prayers were read, and everybody cried
    But when they closed the coffin, there was someone else inside
    For they came to bury Michigan
    But Michigan wasn't dead
    And when the game was over it was someone else instead
    11 Michigan Wolverines
    Put on the gloves of grey
    And as the organ played The Victors ...
    they laid Woody Hayes away"

From the 1971 game, calling Billy Taylor's TD run.

From 1978: "We're down in the snakepit at Ohio State and our Maize In Blue dobbers are high right now cuz we're getting ready to do battle with Dr. StrangeHayes and his Scarlet and Grey Legions."

dt35456884 is offline MotownSports Fan

If the loser of this game goes to the NC game, what incentive is there to win this Saturday?
    VT - RIP BB

Twitter

MichiganFan1717 is offline MotownSports Fan

Quote Originally Posted by dt35456884
    If the loser of this game goes to the NC game, what incentive is there to win this Saturday?
    Thats not a given though. The loser would still need USC and Florida to lose again.

witz57 is offline MotownSports Fan

The whole "scUM" thing is about as immature and obnoxious as it gets. Yeah, let's degrade literally millions of people as human beings (not just fans) based on their preference for a particular athlete team.

SpartanValor is offline MotownSports Fan

90% of that (all the trash) is not surprising if you have ever been on a college campus on a football gameday before. In fact, its so bad that the athletic department is forced to pay for a campus-wide cleanup the day after each game (at least at MSU). It is disgusting, but it happens everywhere.

The peeing was gross as hell lol. But I guess there aren't many trees in columbus....

Its amazing how you can make someone look so victimized in a video like this. But tell me the same doesn't happen in AA every other year?

(p.s.: Ive been to two games in AA in full MSU colors. The first time, I was relatively high up in the student section, so all I got were some sorority girls trying to steal my wallet (I'm sure they just thought I was incredibly attractive, which I completely understand). This year, I wasn't nearly as loud in my support of MSU, because I was sick and full of cold medicine, but even so, really nothing to write home about in terms of verbal abuse. I'm sure if I actually displayed emotion, things would have changed, but thats the thing: don't be an ******* if you don't want to be treated like one).
    MSU Basketball: Back-to-Back Big Ten Championships and Final Fours
    MSU Football: Big Ten Champions!

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast