PDA

View Full Version : Paruresis (pee shy)

Ingefanclub
01-11-2007, 09:30 AM
So I haven't peed at a urinal when another guy was using another urinal in my life. And I am in my mid 30's agewise. I don't know why I was scared to tell people this. I am determined to cure myself of this problem now.

If public restrooms are empty I can pee 100% of the time. It used to be I wouldn't use public bathrooms for fear that someone would be in there and they would see me not peeing and would laugh at me (inside).

I cannot stand up in the stalls and pee if someone else is in the bathroom. I must sit down and it is not easy to go even then. I have worked up to the point where I can pee in a urinal 95% of the time if someone else is in a stall and noone else is at a urinal. If someone is at the sinks and I am at the urinal within eyeshot I cannot go. The sphincter muscle locks up until they leave.

I have been trying to desensitive myself to public bathrooms for 3 years now and at least now I can pee 95% of the time since I look through the urinals and stalls and people in the bathroom and pick my easiest way to void (always the stall if someone is at urinal). It beats holding it all day until I got home as I used to do however.

So I am wondering how many of you will not pee in certain situations. Would any of you pee in between 2 guys at urinals (urinal sandwich)? I have heard most guys will use a stall if the 1st and 3rd urinal are being used. I hope to someday pee in a trough next to 10 other guys that is the highest level of hierchy if you will.

I have someone who volunteered to be my pee buddy and work on my problem. He would enter public restrooms with me and get closer and closer (starting at sink perhaps) and if I was unsuccesful he would move further away...if successful he would move closer for next attempt.

I am sure many of you have heard of this problem. When I enter public baths and step up to urinal and a guy walks in and uses stall I think "I bet he is pee shy" ..if the guy walks in and uses urinal I think "Oh shoot he is gonna know I am pee shy...." so I flush and wash my hands without going pee then try again later.

I believe this started at around age 7 when I was at an amusement park with my dad. We went to restroom together and (maybe all the stalls were full) my dad said "you can pee next to me at the urinal)..he peed but I locked up...all the strangers around and I had always used the stalls before this point. My dad said "are you too shy to pee in front of all these people?" and I said "No I just didn't have to go pee I guess" which was a lie as I had to go so bad I could taste it...but had to wait hours until I got to my safe home bathroom.

NAVYAirTiger
01-11-2007, 10:08 AM
My wife started being pee-shy after I started following her into the bathroom and just staring at her asking, "Whaddya doin'?"

Thats about the same time she started becoming sex-shy too now that I think about it.

Biff Mayhem
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
My wife started being pee-shy after I started following her into the bathroom and just staring at her asking, "Whaddya doin'?"

Thats about the same time she started becoming sex-shy too now that I think about it.

I LOL'd. Thanks!

DaYooperASBDT
01-11-2007, 12:58 PM
Fascinating read. But I never thought I would ever see an actual thread on this subject !!

Ingefanclub
01-11-2007, 12:59 PM
Interesting you seem to ignore the issue. Have you ever noticed someone in a restroom before who could not pee?

I am interested in the non paruretic viewpoint about people like me? Or have you never thought about the issue before?

If you could give me the truth (I hope you all say of course you never think about anything except taking a piss in a public restroom)...but you must have seen someone once or twice who just didn't go piss and wondered why?

When I am at urinal and guy comes out of stall I think "hurry up and leave so I can pee".
With each passing second I think "This guy knows I am not peeing cuz I am making no noise"
Ironically if there was noise like music, running water, flushing toilet then I wouldnt' be worried about peeing
since the strangers couldn't hear whether I was peeing or not in which case I could probably pee.

DetroitFolly
01-11-2007, 01:29 PM
So why don't you flush first? That might help.

dt35456884
01-11-2007, 01:53 PM
Using public restrooms is a deeply annoying experience for me, from both a privacy and a hygeine standpoint. At one time I just flat-out refused to use them except in the most dire emergencies. Now I'm more comfortable with them, though I still don't use the toilets, and I always try to keep an empty urinal between myself and the nearest user.

Talking is right out. I become livid when somebody at a nearby urinal attempts to strike up a conversation mid-stream.

Ingefanclub
01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
So why don't you flush first? That might help.

I like to use the urinals since then I don't have to touch toilet seat and I suppose I could flush them 1st. I always worried that would draw attention to the fact I needed noise to go piss. Then more people would notice me and attempt to see if I was peeing.

WHen flushing toilet there isnt enough time as it happens in a couple seconds. Another idea just hit me. I thought about hitting the blow dryer when coming in to use urinal.

rhino
01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
....... I always try to keep an empty urinal between myself and the nearest user.

Talking is right out. I become livid when somebody at a nearby urinal attempts to strike up a conversation mid-stream.

This reminded me of a funny vid someone posted on the You Tube thread about Male Restroom Etiquete.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw&mode=related&search=

CaliforniaDreaming
01-11-2007, 02:34 PM
I am interested in the non paruretic viewpoint about people like me? Or have you never thought about the issue before?

If you could give me the truth (I hope you all say of course you never think about anything except taking a piss in a public restroom)...but you must have seen someone once or twice who just didn't go piss and wondered why?

I can't say that I really pay much attention to what other people are doing (or not doing). I don't really listen to what is going on in stall and I definately don't look around and watch people at other urinals.

slim pickens
01-11-2007, 02:37 PM
I can't say that I really pay much attention to what other people are doing (or not doing). I don't really listen to what is going on in stall and I definately don't look around and watch people at other urinals.
nuff said!

Yoda
01-11-2007, 02:45 PM
I hate public bathrooms, but I'll use a urinal if I absolutely have to. I always hold my breath though for some reason. I don't like to breathe in all of the germs.

snoogit
01-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Heh weird story, when I was a kid I was never pee shy, but I was poo shy... now that I'm older the opposite is true... I can take a steamer in a full public restroom no problem, but I sure as heck can't pee in one anymore.

I don't even know why, its like I'm not embarrassed about pissing in public or anything, I could do it all my life, now I can't. Luckily since I've gotten over my poo shyness I can use that as an excuse to get a stall (in which I have no problem peeing)

I can't explain it. Its weird too since I used to be able to do it all the time. I asked my doctor, and he really didn't understand why I just stopped peeing in urinals.

Biff Mayhem
01-11-2007, 04:14 PM
I have a friend who is 6'7" tall and was amused to see that, when we entered a crowded Comerica Park bathroom, he had to use the kiddie urinal.

wolverinefan
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
I won't go pee in a public bathroom. I've tried. I just can't. It's disgusting.

hueytaxi
01-11-2007, 04:43 PM
I won't go pee in a public bathroom. I've tried. I just can't. It's disgusting.Urinalphobia? Oops sorry, my bad:nervous:

DaYooperASBDT
01-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Interesting you seem to ignore the issue. Have you ever noticed someone in a restroom before who could not pee?

Honestly, I was stunned by your frankness/courage to post on the subject. Good for you! The discussion itself may have some therapetic value. I have briefly shared my past struggles with depression, but otherwise haven't gotten into a lot of these topics, in this forum.

Include me in the long list of those who dislike using public urinals. I get an occasional "pinch" myself. Not to mention the neck gets stiff from trying to keep your head perfectly straight ahead - wouldn't want to get accused of checking out somebody else's Johnson, y'know.

I guess I don't think much about paruresis, and I found your post very enlightening. Just because I'm pushin 40, that doesn't mean I always have much of a clue !! :cheeky:

As to actually addressing your question, once in a while I will notice someone taking a long time at their "station". I generally will try to hustle out of the restroom to give them some privacy. Normally I assume they are either "pee shy" or perhaps have prostate issues, etc. I've had to have my urethra dialated before (talk about an uncomfortable procedure), and that help me urinate much faster now.

But I would suppose everyone handles this differently?

monkeynuts
01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I have someone who volunteered to be my pee buddy and work on my problem. He would enter public restrooms with me and get closer and closer (starting at sink perhaps) and if I was unsuccesful he would move further away...if successful he would move closer for next attempt.

Hahahaha...I laughed my butt off when I read that! A "pee buddy"...:classic: :classic: :classic:

You should go full throttle and try playing crossfire with someone soon.

DaYooperASBDT
01-11-2007, 10:58 PM
You should go full throttle and try playing crossfire with someone soon.

Well, that would certainly qualify as "handling it differently" !!

ToledoTigerFan
01-11-2007, 11:20 PM

I wouldn't even if I were wearing one of those bio-suits. Public restrooms, especially those at sporting venues, are as filthy as filthy can get. I have to be to the exploding point before I use one. The ones at Tiger Stadium were disgusing. Caked on pee since the time of Cobb. Yuck. And that sticky stuff----congealed urine, I presume-- all over the floor. I didn't even like wearing good shoes at Tiger Stadium.

chasfh
01-11-2007, 11:53 PM
I have a friend who is 6'7" tall and was amused to see that, when we entered a crowded Comerica Park bathroom, he had to use the kiddie urinal.

I have no shyness issues about using public bathrooms, but I have become more aware of hygiene issues -- i.e., splashback on the hands at urinals. So I always either use the kiddie urinal to minimize the splashback, or stand at a stall toilet.

I think girls can sit on public toilets easier than guys. I sometimes fear getting a touch of Montezuma at places like stadiums. It happened to me once at the United Center a few years ago. I could not wait, and you men know that at stadiums, guys peeing in stall toilets ain't too concerned about either aim or flushing, plus the toilet paper has roughly the consistency of loose leaf. I ended up having to do a crouch. It was very uncomfortable, and felt humiliating.

chasfh
01-11-2007, 11:57 PM
As to actually addressing your question, once in a while I will notice someone taking a long time at their "station". I generally will try to hustle out of the restroom to give them some privacy. Normally I assume they are either "pee shy" or perhaps have prostate issues, etc.

I used to be one of those guys. I had something called BXO and had to have surgery to correct it. Second best surgery I ever had (after nose surgery to help me breathe).

I generally look for kids or teenagers and stand behind them. They're usually quick.

Corky
01-12-2007, 12:00 AM
Heh weird story, when I was a kid I was never pee shy, but I was poo shy... now that I'm older the opposite is true... I can take a steamer in a full public restroom no problem, but I sure as heck can't pee in one anymore.

I don't even know why, its like I'm not embarrassed about pissing in public or anything, I could do it all my life, now I can't. Luckily since I've gotten over my poo shyness I can use that as an excuse to get a stall (in which I have no problem peeing)

I can't explain it. Its weird too since I used to be able to do it all the time. I asked my doctor, and he really didn't understand why I just stopped peeing in urinals.

Note to self - Never read message board while eating dinner. :dead:

I ahve no problem going but I do avoid the sit-down toilets at school as they are pretty nasty by about 3 minutes after the kids arrive. Our open-concept school lacks a faculty restroom.

shabba4detroit
01-12-2007, 07:39 AM
I could pee in a two-liter bottle in the passenger seat of my wife's moving car. To those of you who are pee-shy, I can sympathize but can in no way empathize. With a bladder the size of a cashew, my empathy falls into another direction.

Ingefanclub
01-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Now these replies are more like it!

I can share my experience because I realize there are alot worse things in life...like being disabled..heck even a birthmark on my cheek would probably be worse than this. This is nothing.

Anyway last night I headed for a public bathroom and heard someone flushing so I did not enter. I waited a minute than came back and saw a couple men walking near the door so I assumed they were headed in so I chickened out again. Finally I went to another bathroom and entered.

Right before I entered I heard the sink water going. Good I can practice with someone in the room I said determined.

I went in and saw an older guy at the sink. I headed to empty urinal. With a quick glance I could see the stalls were empty. I almost chickened out again and went to the stalls but thought "this is silly the urinals are empty" and unzipped.

I stood at the urinal ready to not pee and wait out this guys hand washing. Hopefully he wouldnt be too long. I had to pee pretty bad but nothing was happening. I thought about how relaxed I was feeling...no anxiety really I knew as soon as the guy left I would pee. As long as he didn't take too long....suddenly I felt pretty relaxed...I pushed and pee came out..not a strong stream but not really weak either.

It made a noise in the urinal...I felt good...the stream came out stronger now...I was peeing with a guy at the sink! I continued for about 10 more seconds until I heard the old guy leaving. I wanted to shout "Stay here I am peeing!" but of course I did not.

Sucess! Is it possible sharing my pee shyness is helping me become cured? I will have to keep up with the progress to be sure. I don't feel cured but I am alot more confident today.

DaYooperASBDT
01-12-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm not a professional, at anything, but I wonder if some basic relaxation/meditation techniques would help. You know, a few deep breaths, repeating a mantra word in your mind, trying to count the pin-holes in the tile grout, or maybe 13 shots of tequilla? :wink:

But yes, I would think talking about any "hang-up" (and we all have them), and enduring any short term embarrassment, that's going to help you to be more confident and relaxed, in the long term. Absolutely.

Off topic now, but people of all ages approach me with these kinds of issues, there seems to be a strong "comfort level" when folks talk to me. Probably because of my voice and customer service skills.

Maybe in my next life (17 years to go), I'll be a counselor/arbitrator of some sort, seeing how the Tigers haven't come to their senses and put me in the broadcast booth !! :wink:

G.Reaper
01-12-2007, 10:29 AM

You have two 6'-7" friends ? :cool:

I hate the long shot to the kiddie pisser being 6'-7", gives the guy next to you more room to check out your junk, and it DOES happen. :nervous:
In the old days at concerts before beer was served, a lot of the guys in the johns would freeze up, too high I guess. :cool:

I hope this bunch of Morons help and not hinder, good luck.

So forsake it to say, have you ever written your name in the snow ? No joke intended from me. :cool:

Tigercub33
01-12-2007, 11:02 AM
I am committed to the stall, except in dire emergencies, I will wait for a stall to open up. I use the tip of my shoe to lift the lid, as well as flush (unless it is motion sensor).

Ingefanclub
01-12-2007, 11:49 AM
Pooping at work is almost impossible.
I only do that when it is emergency.
I don't worry that I won't be able to poop. I worry about the sounds I make.

When peeing I worry that people will know that I can't pee. One time I walked up to a urinal just as another guy walked in. I stood there for 30 seconds as he peed. I couldnt go...I flushed and washed my hands. He knows I cannot pee I think everytime I see him. So I never go to the close bathrooms where people may know me.

I mentioned to a friend that maybe if I hit the blower when entering a restroom that I could pee in the urinal because the sound would drown out whether I was peeing or not and I would relax.

My friend said "That sounds crazy. If someone walked into a restroom and hit the blower I would think they were wierd"

So I laughed...he thinks hitting a blower in a public restroom for no reason is wierd

but standing at a urinal for 30 seconds and not peeing is something he doesnt think about (he doesnt even notice those guys).

To me I would have thought the non peer was the wierdo and would give very little attention to the blower pusher.

IdahoBert
01-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I won't go pee in a public bathroom. I've tried. I just can't. It's disgusting.But I'd heard that women's rooms are decorated in red velvet and doilies and that an attendant passes out chocolates. This isn't true?

One Man's Fool
01-12-2007, 12:21 PM
If I'm in a stall and anyone walks into the men's room, I stop everything and wait until it's empty again (assuming this is physiologically possible). I guess that makes me poo shy.

We all have our issues, Inge. Don't beat yourself up over it.

potthole
01-12-2007, 01:23 PM

I can't stand it when people try to do that! One guy did that recently, and didn't really seem to catch the drift, when I just ignored him and didn't respond, and he started to yell at me for being rude.

tiger337
01-12-2007, 04:13 PM
Before road races, people line-up at porto-potties and sometimes there are dozens of people waiting line. You never know what you are going to find once you finally get in there but you definitely have to relieve yourself before a race. Whenever possible, I try to find a place to go outdoors. I try to avoid the city races

dt35456884
01-12-2007, 04:45 PM
Before road races, people line-up at porto-potties and sometimes there are dozens of people waiting line. You never know what you are going to find once you finally get in there but you definitely have to relieve yourself before a race. Whenever possible, I try to find a place to go outdoors. I try to avoid the city races

I really hate those porta-potties (even just walking past them as a spectator), and a lot of times in those big races those awful toilets are just the tip of the iceberg.

My dad ran a lot of road races for about 15 years in the late 80s and throughout the 90s. He ran the Boston Marathon twice. I remember by the 20 mile mark it was just a stampede of animals. People vomiting on themselves, urinating and defecating on the side of the road, exposed genitalia flopping around, and of course the horrendous cloud of human stench from all of the sweat.

I ran cross country in high school, but I think that kind of spectacle turned me away from running road races at an early age. The long races especially are sort of this weird mix of human accomplishment and complete loss of dignity.

One Man's Fool
01-12-2007, 05:02 PM
My brother has run several marathons and he tells me that if you're running to make a particular time you think nothing of just peeing your pants.

mtdman
01-12-2007, 05:07 PM
I won't use a urinal in a public bathroom with other people around either. Most of the time I use the stalls, and I can pee just fine in there. It's a problem I've had my entire life, it's just something you deal with. It's not an isolated issue either, there are lots of guys with the same issue. All those guys lined up in front of stalls at the various sporting events aren't all there to take a dump. Most of them have the same issue and would rather use the stalls and avoid the problem altogether. It's a hassel sometimes, yes, but not a real big deal imo. And I've never really thought about what another person thought of me using a stall.

DetroitFolly
01-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Inge...

you don't make any noises that any of the rest of us don't make. There is no need to feel ashamed.

Let'er rip.

djhutch
01-13-2007, 04:44 PM
I hate the long shot to the kiddie pisser ...

This may be the funniest thing I've ever read. :happy:

lionstigersand...
01-13-2007, 04:59 PM
But I'd heard that women's rooms are decorated in red velvet and doilies and that an attendant passes out chocolates. This isn't true?

Well first of all it's pink...And for the record the baby changing station will under no circumstance support your's and her weight...:ninja:

tiger337
01-13-2007, 05:17 PM
I ran cross country in high school, but I think that kind of spectacle turned me away from running road races at an early age. The long races especially are sort of this weird mix of human accomplishment and complete loss of dignity.

I would never run a marathon unless I knew that I was in good enough shape to finish with dignity. I really don't think it's much of an accomplishment to run a marathon if you

(1) are not in good enough shape to run the whole way and get a decent time.
(2) have to puke or pee on yourself along the way.

I have never felt that I was in good enough shape to run a good marathon so I've stuck to the shorter races which means anything from 1 mile to a half marathon.

DaYooperASBDT
01-13-2007, 05:57 PM
Enough serious posts from me on this subject!

I say, try changing things up a bit. Piss in the sink, then wash your hands in the urinal !! :wink:

Corky
01-14-2007, 02:01 AM
Related:

http://www.thisissouthampton.co.uk/search/display.var.1110849.0.pub_urinal_thief_finally_flu shed_out.php

Pub urinal thief finally flushed out
By Sian Davies

POLICE have captured the man who stole a urinal from a Southampton pub.

The 42-year-old handed himself into police after the story of the theft was reported in the Daily Echo.

The man was captured on CCTV walking into the gentleman's toilets at the Royal Oak pub in the city centre after casually enjoying half a pint at the bar.
Advertisement continued...

He spent 40 minutes removing the urinal from the toilets before slipping it into his backpack and walking out of the pub.

However, pictures from the theft which showed the man walking out of the pub were printed in the Daily Echo and run on our website.

It has led to the man handing himself into police in Salisbury yesterday afternoon.

He was questioned and cautioned for the theft and no further action will be taken, said police this morning.

The man, who has not been named but who is from the Bishop's Down area of Salisbury, also handed in the urinal to the police, which they intend to return to the pub.

When questioned he told officers how he had taken the urinal "as a sort of souvenir".

A Hampshire police spokesman said: "We can confirm that a man has handed himself into police in connection with the theft of the urinal from the Royal oak pub.

"He was questioned by officers and it was decided the best course of action was to caution the man.

"The urinal was also handed back into police."

Landlord of the Houndwell Place Alan Dreja has now been reunited with the urinal. "It certainly flushed himout!" After the pictures went everywhere I don't think he could have hidden much longer."

NAVYAirTiger
01-14-2007, 02:18 AM
But I'd heard that women's rooms are decorated in red velvet and doilies and that an attendant passes out chocolates. This isn't true?

I clean park toilets to put me through college, and lemme tell you, Women are the absolute sickest public bathroom users, bar none. You could throw a dozen chimps in a bathroom and there would be less fecal matter slung around than what I see on an average day in the ladies rooms. Everyday some lady ***** her undies and leaves it in the mini trash basket in each stall. Seats are always wet. Yellow wet. The tampons and other feminine products are no big deal, but they usually wrap them up in 15 pounds of TP, so it doesn't freak me out. I swear, if someone tells us about a Code: Brown, it is a female head that has been covered in doo doo

wolverinefan
01-14-2007, 02:20 AM
There's nothing worse than seeing a seat red wet and brown wet..with the dried yellow.

Ick.

NAVYAirTiger
01-14-2007, 02:27 AM
Inge...

you don't make any noises that any of the rest of us don't make. There is no need to feel ashamed.

Let'er rip.

Actually, I make fake fart noises while in the stall. Then I dangle the turd a bit before clipping it and tell it that I don't want it anymore. I try to break my turds' spirit so they give up on life and just sink to the briney deep. And I have no shame really.

I just have fun with it. make a wet fart noise and then in a strained and tired voice call out, "Oh God....I think that was my colon...jeez thats a lot of blood."

The restroom clears after that, and you can then pee all by your lonesome.

NAVYAirTiger
01-14-2007, 02:28 AM
There's nothing worse than seeing a seat red wet and brown wet..with the dried yellow.

Ick.

don't forget the pubes. I really think the ladies have to rip'em out by the handful to take a leak or drop a deuce.

wolverinefan
01-14-2007, 02:30 AM
don't forget the pubes. I really think the ladies have to rip'em out by the handful to take a leak or drop a deuce.

Ugh..ive seen that too.

mtdman
01-14-2007, 04:55 AM
Actually, I make fake fart noises while in the stall. Then I dangle the turd a bit before clipping it and tell it that I don't want it anymore. I try to break my turds' spirit so they give up on life and just sink to the briney deep. And I have no shame really.

I just have fun with it. make a wet fart noise and then in a strained and tired voice call out, "Oh God....I think that was my colon...jeez thats a lot of blood."

The restroom clears after that, and you can then pee all by your lonesome.

That's some funny **** right there. LOL.

potthole
01-14-2007, 10:12 AM
I clean park toilets to put me through college, and lemme tell you, Women are the absolute sickest public bathroom users, bar none. You could throw a dozen chimps in a bathroom and there would be less fecal matter slung around than what I see on an average day in the ladies rooms. Everyday some lady ***** her undies and leaves it in the mini trash basket in each stall. Seats are always wet. Yellow wet. The tampons and other feminine products are no big deal, but they usually wrap them up in 15 pounds of TP, so it doesn't freak me out. I swear, if someone tells us about a Code: Brown, it is a female head that has been covered in doo doo

I can agree with your sentiment, although not to the complete disgusting degree of your experience. When I worked retail, we were responsible for cleaning up the store at night, and the women's restroom was almost always more of a mess than the men's.

estrepe1
01-14-2007, 12:08 PM
I avoid port-a-potties at all costs. However since being in college I have no fear of public restrooms anymore. And believe me I have seen disgusting things. The only thing that I have acquired is the inability to open a public restroom door with my bare hand.

After seeing so many people just pass by the sink or hearing about one person in our department washing his hands with the urinal....

Porcelain God
01-16-2007, 06:02 PM
I had the same issue for a very long time but how I solved it was by holding my breath. The longer you hold your breath, the easier it is to pee. I'm not sure if it's a physical or psychological edge but it definitely works.

ToledoTigerFan
01-16-2007, 07:25 PM
We had a thread probably 4 or 5 years ago about public crappers and the hygiene(or lack of same) in them. One things I ALWAYS do is after washing my hands, I will take a piece of clean paper towel with me to the door. I will use the paper towel to open the door and then give the used paper towel a behind-the-back pass to the floor. I reckon that door handle is as filthy as the urinal itself and there's no sense in having any of the fecal flecks or pee parts rubbing off onto my clean hands.

wingedwheel
01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I had the same issue for a very long time but how I solved it was by holding my breath. The longer you hold your breath, the easier it is to pee. I'm not sure if it's a physical or psychological edge but it definitely works.

And now you are called the "Porcelain God"!:laugh:

CaliforniaDreaming
01-16-2007, 10:00 PM
I actually used this thread productively today! My wife was complaining about people who use the YMCA family locker rooms simply to go to the bathroom (instead of using the men's or women's locker room bathrooms) thereby creating long lines for people with children who actually need to use those locker rooms. I told her maybe they were Pee Shy. She wasn't too convinced...

PuNk42AE
01-16-2007, 10:20 PM
I've never had a real problem about going in public or if people are around. Urinals are for me, I rarely use a stall to pee, only if there urinals are taken and I don't feel like waiting for an opening. I will say that if people are around then I avoid the "water hazzards" in the urinal to keep it a nice silent pee. I've never understood why people just go straight into the water when people are around. Are they trying to show off how hard they can push it out? Then you get those minute pee'ers who go straight for the water and just go drip drip drip. I'm in and out in 15 seconds, easy as pie.

Ingefanclub
07-23-2008, 02:06 PM
I've never had a real problem about going in public or if people are around. Urinals are for me, I rarely use a stall to pee, only if there urinals are taken and I don't feel like waiting for an opening. I will say that if people are around then I avoid the "water hazzards" in the urinal to keep it a nice silent pee. I've never understood why people just go straight into the water when people are around. Are they trying to show off how hard they can push it out? Then you get those minute pee'ers who go straight for the water and just go drip drip drip. I'm in and out in 15 seconds, easy as pie.

LOL...I hadn't checked this thread in a while. Man you are the grand champion peer. I can only dream. I aim for the water every time in the urinal because that is what my pee-shy book tells me to do...to try and make noise while I pee to calm my fears. Also I do want people to know I am peeing so of course I want them to hear a heavy stream going.

I can go 99% of the time now but if I hear someone in a restroom before I go in (at work) I will not go in but pass it by for the next restroom. I think its a lot easier to go into strange restrooms. When people I know are around I would be afraid they would find out so I try to go to the farthest bathroom from people I know.

If someone is at the urinal I go to stall still.
If there is a sink area that is partitioned off from the urinals I can pee while someone is at the sink. If someone is in a stall I can pee at urinal. Basically I just survey my options upon entering and must make a quick judgement of where to pee.

The worst part is when I go into empty bathroom then as I line up at urinal someone walks in. Fear grips me and I freeze up. Usually I end up flushing and pretending that I went pee then wash my hands and leave. I try to make sure noone is close behind me upon entering restrooms so that this situation does not happen.

Dino
07-23-2008, 06:49 PM
I used to have an aversion to peeing at a urinal. Now, I just say f-it. I need to go and I couldn't care less about the dude beside me. Pooping though is a different story. It is very rare that I drop a water moccasin in a public bathroom. Usually it is not a problem to wait until I get home. I once went a week without releasing a brown trout when I was at summer camp. It goes without saying that I destroyed my bathroom when I got home LOL

lesgoblu02
07-23-2008, 06:55 PM
I can go either or at any restroom in the world. I wasn't always this way. But dropping a deuce in a port-a-potty in Saudi Arabia in August and getting the runs on Bourbon Street and having to do the deed in a doorless stall or risk shitting my pants in public will do that.

If I have to go, I'm going.

Anthony
07-23-2008, 07:51 PM
i've never used a public restroom, and never will.

the thought of it is enough to gross me out.

i can hold it as long as it takes. been like that for as long as i can remember.

Corky
07-23-2008, 08:04 PM
i've never used a public restroom, and never will.

the thought of it is enough to gross me out.

i can hold it as long as it takes. been like that for as long as i can remember.

You're young.

Just wait.

wingedwheel
07-23-2008, 08:21 PM
You're young.

Just wait.

Now we know why they call you "cork"y.:grin:

hueytaxi
07-23-2008, 08:27 PM
6 years in the military. Peed when you could, peed where you should. Not a lot of privacy.

Chopper
07-23-2008, 09:37 PM
I have the same issue at times. It's like your unit just locks up. I usually watch the bathroom and the traffic going in and out. When it clears, I'm there. It's frustrating as heck but I have no fool proof cure. And no...I'm not into having a pee buddy help me. At least I'm not shy with the wife in the sack. That is all that really counts when it comes to the Duke.

GOOD LUCK!!!

hueytaxi
07-23-2008, 10:56 PM
I never talk to anyone at the urinal. I fear they will turn to face me while peeing. I had a kid one day pee on my sneaker. I slowly took it off by the heel and wiped his shirt with it, put it on and headed for the sink to clean it off. He just stared at me like I was crazy. No words were ever exchanged.

DaYooperASBDT
07-23-2008, 11:37 PM
I wish I COULD get my unit to lock up more often! Damn, getting older isn't for sissies, eh?

Anthony
07-24-2008, 01:20 AM
You're young.

Just wait.

:dead:

hueytaxi
07-24-2008, 01:37 AM
:dead:
Privy-cy

I won't sit,
but I will stand.
I won't touch
anything with my hand.
Don't stand next to me,
find another stall.
I'm a little paranoid
about it all.
There is a protocol
which we must agree.
Move over a space
before you pee.

Deadshot
07-24-2008, 01:47 AM
This reminds me of a Youtube video - its kind of long but worth the watch. It really makes you think more when you go to the bathroom:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IzO1mCAVyMw

hueytaxi
07-24-2008, 02:01 AM
Worthy

potthole
07-24-2008, 08:05 AM
I never talk to anyone at the urinal.

I hate it when people try to talk to me in the bathroom.

MAROTH4MVP
07-24-2008, 12:31 PM
This is the video for this situation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLyGr0RMByQ

It shows all the characters you will run across in the mens room.

Seriously what is with the cracks in stalls. I mean do we need a window to watch people pooping. Sometime you cant help but notice a reflection in the mirror, when washing your hands.

mtutiger
07-24-2008, 12:41 PM
I once went a week without releasing a brown trout when I was at summer camp. It goes without saying that I destroyed my bathroom when I got home LOL

I did the exact same thing in 5th grade at a camp... I was in serious pain when I got home!

MAROTH4MVP
07-24-2008, 12:52 PM
I did the exact same thing in 5th grade at a camp... I was in serious pain when I got home!

:paranoid: How did you keep from pooping yourself?

lesgoblu02
07-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Mental note made.

Corky
07-24-2008, 01:15 PM

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f234/jklapp/SUPERMAN07_Gay20City_IV.jpg

ToledoTigerFan
07-24-2008, 08:54 PM
Here's what I hate. There's a restroom with, let's say, 7 urinals. You're standing at the one on the far left(urinal 1) and the rest are empty. In walks another dude. Instead of taking urinal 4 or 6 or 7, he takes urinal 2. Damnit, dude, this is MY piss space, not yours. I've always been tempted to fake a seizure and piss all over dudes who do that.

mtutiger
07-24-2008, 09:04 PM
:paranoid: How did you keep from pooping yourself?

That wasn't hard... but then again, there's this thing called "constipation" :cry:

mtutiger
07-24-2008, 09:06 PM
The worst places to go pee are at the Service Plazas on the New York State Thruway. The facilities aren't necessarily any worse than any other place, but almost every time that some unknown person has started a conversation midstream has been happened at one of those places. I have no idea why that happens there, but it does.

Corky
07-24-2008, 09:11 PM
The worst places to go pee are at the Service Plazas on the New York State Thruway. The facilities aren't necessarily any worse than any other place, but almost every time that some unknown person has started a conversation midstream has been happened at one of those places. I have no idea why that happens there, but it does.

Are you thin and neat?

ToledoTigerFan
07-24-2008, 09:18 PM

Was that you? I should've mentioned the Tigers.

mtutiger
07-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Are you thin and neat?

Nope, I wouldn't classify myself as thin, though I'm fairly neat.

When people do talk, though, I don't talk back... I just hurry myself up and get out of the restroom!

mtutiger
07-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Was that you? I should've mentioned the Tigers.

Oh yeah, that would have helped :cheeky:

Deadshot
07-24-2008, 11:18 PM

I've never done my business there but I thought Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Wrigley Field were really, really bad.

Corky
07-24-2008, 11:34 PM
Nope, I wouldn't classify myself as thin, though I'm fairly neat.

When people do talk, though, I don't talk back... I just hurry myself up and get out of the restroom!

In case it didn't register that was a Seinfeld reference. :wink:

tys-spikes84
07-24-2008, 11:58 PM
I have no problem peeing in public. I do not care if someone wants to talk to me at the stall, I'll talk back. Hell I even enjoy taking a leak at a good trough, especially when it's full of ice. And what ever happened to a good old fashioned sword fight? It's always a good time.

Back as a senior in high school, I would pull up to the urinal next to a freshman, drop my pants all the way to my ankles 3rd grade style and start talking to them as I was evacuating. Now those are the people who have a reason to not want to talk to someone in the bathroom.

Some people would say to me "you've got a sick sense of humor." And to them I would respond, "you're right."

mtutiger
07-25-2008, 02:21 AM
In case it didn't register that was a Seinfeld reference. :wink:
I didn't... thanks for the heads up :wink:

Corky
07-25-2008, 02:36 AM
I didn't... thanks for the heads up :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Outing

Plot

While at Monk's Cafe, Elaine notices two women in a nearby booth eavesdropping, and as a prank speaks to Jerry and George as if they were a closeted gay couple. The eavesdropping woman turns out to be Sharon (Paula Marshall), a New York University reporter who is planning on interviewing Jerry. Later, Sharon visits Jerry's apartment to conduct the interview. He and George's conversation during the interview solidifies her idea that they are gay. Eventually, they recognize her from the coffee shop, and strenuously deny that they are gay, conditioning their denials with "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Throughout the episode Jerry and George, and most of the other characters, fear being seen as homosexual, yet also feel guilty and afraid they will be perceived as homophobic.

The interview with Jerry is published in the school newspaper, and subsequently gets picked up by the Associated Press. Jerry ends up dating the college reporter, largely in an attempt to convince her he is heterosexual, but all does not go well. In his typical cowardly fashion, George decides to use his (fake) orientation as an excuse to break up with his girlfriend, Allison (Kari Coleman). After overhearing a joking conversation between Jerry and George, the reporter changes her mind and believes that Jerry and George lied to her, that they are actually gay, and that they used her to hide the fact that they are lovers.

The episode ends with Kramer receiving a visit from an attractive young man, causing George and Jerry to briefly wonder what's going on, only to have Kramer explain "He's the phone man. Not that there's anything wrong with that."

mtutiger
07-25-2008, 03:00 AM
It's probably been 5-6 years since I've seen that epidsode... wow.

Tyrus
07-25-2008, 03:35 AM
I love taking a crap in a public restroom, because I can use all the toilet paper I want! I can't do that at home.

I start with three hard pulls of the toilet paper roll -- a good three feet of paper. Then I roll it up around my hand like a mitten. After one good wipe, I fold it over and repeat. Then, I drop the paper in the crapper and make another mitten.

But sometimes the restroom Gods will play a trick on me and have those toilet-paper dispensers that only allow one tiny piece of paper to be removed at a time; it's like trying to wipe your butt with a postage stamp! Or sometimes, the toilet paper roll will be crimped so as to make the long pull impossible. In this case, you've got to use two hands in order to get a decent amount of material with which to wipe your arse!

But there's one rule that can never be forgotten: I've absolutely GOT to have something to read when I'm dropping a deuce. I've been known to read toothpaste and shampoo bottles when other reading material is lacking.

Luckily my cell phone has web access, so I can surf motownsports when taking a dump!

Corky
07-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Luckily my cell phone has web access, so I can surf motownsports when taking a dump!

So many more of your posts now make sense.

tys-spikes84
07-25-2008, 09:29 AM
I love droppin' some kids off at the pool while at work. Something about getting paid while losing 5 pounds the easy way just enhances the experience.

PuNk42AE
07-25-2008, 11:59 AM
I love droppin' some kids off at the pool while at work. Something about getting paid while losing 5 pounds the easy way just enhances the experience.

And the crabs

tys-spikes84
07-25-2008, 12:46 PM
And the crabs

Well that goes without saying of course. I mean who doesn't want their own personal flea circus in their pants?

lesgoblu02
07-25-2008, 12:54 PM
This thread makes me wonder where some of you are hanging out or working where you have to constantly worry about the toilets being infested with germs and crabs.

PuNk42AE
07-25-2008, 01:03 PM
This thread makes me wonder where some of you are hanging out or working where you have to constantly worry about the toilets being infested with germs and crabs.

Bus Stations

tys-spikes84
07-25-2008, 01:06 PM

Dude someone's gotta clean the porno booths.

DaYooperASBDT
07-25-2008, 11:13 PM
This thread makes me wonder where some of you are hanging out or working where you have to constantly worry about the toilets being infested with germs and crabs.I show amazing restraint with my comebacks these days!

Buddahfan
07-26-2008, 02:03 AM
I used to have this problem too.

Then someone suggested that I imagine the face of someone in the bottom of the urinal that I might want to relieve myself on, like some politician. Now it gushes out no problem. Sometimes I even drink extra liquids when I am in public just so I can do it a few times during the day. Its a great relief in more ways than one.

Corky
07-29-2008, 10:28 PM
http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/fail-owned-bathroom-fail.jpg